Orchestrating with Precision
Having the right warehousing helps ensure food safety, inventory management and order fulfilment. Execution requires precise movement of goods while maintaining transparency for the customer.
Our warehousing services deliver on all fronts. We operate 23 distribution centres across Canada, with a combined storage capacity of over 120 million cubic feet. That’s a lot of room for quality food.
Your product can be stored at a wide range of cold temperatures, ranging from -30°C to 4°C (-18°F to 39°F), and orders for all types of commodities can be prepared on site. Many sites have rooms that can convert from freezer to cooler, based on your requirements, to ensure your food is always at its optimal temperature.
Many VersaCold facilities are approved to export meat and fish to Europe and Asia, making it easy for customers to coordinate shipment of products to key global markets.
With a large geographical footprint come many important responsibilities. That’s why VersaCold has invested in a Cold Chain Assurance team to develop and implement food safety and quality strategies in alignment with quality management systems, including Global Food Safety Initiatives (GFSI) standards. It’s just another way VersaCold ensures the integrity, quality and freshness of your food.
Our warehouse facilities meet the highest quality and safety standards for your food, including HACCP requirements and BRC certifications at most facilities. The majority of our facilities also have on-site CFIA offices and inspection rooms.
We offer advanced and transparent inventory tracking and availability via web portals to ensure full order status visibility and monitoring of your food. We also have a team of dedicated Supply Chain Solutions engineers to offer consulting expertise and insights throughout every aspect of your supply chain.
Our advanced technologies let you:
- Track any and all product details and formats required.
- Use standard EDI transaction sets (856, 940, 943, 944 and 945) for order receipt, order confirmation, notification of inbound orders, receipt confirmations, inventory adjustment, inventory notifications/management and more.
- Enjoy integrated RF capability, enabling a variety of product rotation, inventory control, tracing and order options you require.
- Manage lot codes and requirements such as expiry and production dates to ensure product and order quality as well as recall.
- Access unique palletizing, labelling and picking requirements managed through work rules contained within the system.
- View order status and product availability through our client-accessible web portal.
- Employ multiple billing methods, rating and billing units, currencies, and frequencies as required. All invoicing is integrated with our ERP financial systems with