Coastal Pacific Xpress (CPX) specializes in the shipping of time-sensitive, perishable food products throughout Canada and the United States. It’s one of the larger transportation carriers in the US, with an asset-based fleet of hundreds of refrigerated units. Since joining the VersaCold fleet in 2016, CPX has been able to expand its network, with full capabilities to offer premium service to companies in Eastern Canada and the Eastern US. CPX primarily uses driver teams—with one driver behind the wheel while the other is sleeping—to enable the truck to run almost 24 hours a day. That means non-stop service and getting products onto shelves as fast as possible.
With extensive experience in temperature-controlled transportation, CPX provides industry-leading delivery of highly perishable products such as fresh produce, fish and meat products for blue-chip customers across Canada and the United States.
CPX enhances VersaCold’s expertise in the cross-border transportation market segment, offering services such as:
• Expedited domestic TL and LTL service
• Expedited cross-border LTL and TL service
• In-transit visibility and tracking
• Dedicated contract carriage (closed-loop transportation)
• State-of-the-art sensors to record temperature and transit information
• Cross-border management
• Multi-temperature trailers and white glove service
• Reverse logistics
• Intermodal transportation management
• Regulatory expertise